Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

Dream Big, Dream Often

Originally posted in March 2015:

I wonder what the world would be like if all white lies were eliminated and people told the truth?  “Yes, your butt does look fat in that dress.”  I find it interesting that we teach kids to tell the truth, but when they tell someone their breathe stinks or that their nose is big, we scold them and tell them to stop.  Kids learn quickly that telling small lies is acceptable as long as they lie in an acceptable manner.  I am not sure how I feel about this topic as I have bent the truth to get out of unseemly dinner dates or the undesirable business luncheon.

I know people that speak the truth and they are not the most well liked individuals, although they do have people seek them out for advice.  Sometimes I think we want people to lie to us to escape…

View original post 202 more words

Advertisements

About gchan7127

I just want to share all my knowledge, ideas, and experiences with the world. It makes me happy to know that I can inspire others.
This entry was posted in experience. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

1. stenoodie says:

I tell white lies ALL the time. I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings. However, I have realized that these white lies cost myself something — time and honesty. Sometimes I don’t want to be nice and say the most appropriate thing out of fear of hurting the other person. But I also realize I’m losing myself in the process by being too nice. I think if we are more honest with each other, we will have better relationships and anyone who is “hurt” by what we say can become a stronger person because of it. This is a difficult process though…

• gchan7127 says:

I try not to lie as much as possible, but it’s hard at times. *sigh* It’s okay, Karen. As long as lay dui duck lay gor learn sum. lol *can u understand my canto pinyin?* Haha.

• stenoodie says:

Haha, yep. I totally understood it. 😛 A lot of times, the white lies I tell tend to inconvenience myself. It’s a stupid habit of mine.

• stenoodie says:

For example, I don’t want to drive a friend home after an event. But if they ask if it’s okay to drive them, I don’t say it’s not okay. So I end up driving them. Then when I finally get home, I am exhausted and hate myself for not having the courage to say no.

• gchan7127 says:

You should just tell the truth? Or offer to drop them off at a station? Just tell them it’s too far. But if it’s a guest you invited, it’s hard not to drive them home because they came for you. 😦

2. cicorm says:

“I love this post!!! I hate to lie. People, if you ask for my opinions, please allow me to tell the truth.” I agree! I love the maxim ““Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” 🙂 I believe good friends advise the truth (two way) though in a manner as considerate as possible! 🙂