To my dear readers,
Last year, on volarenovels.com, I started my own “Dear Grace” section where readers can email or ask me about a particular issue over discord. Here are the links to my 8 “Dear Grace” posts!
NOTE: The site has moved so all old links are dead. The links below have been modified.
- Dear Grace, there is this girl that I’m interested in…but she doesn’t live in my country. How do I know whether we are compatible with each other? I’m willing to travel to her.
2. Dear Grace, I feel like women only want my money. I want to find a woman who loves me for who I am, and not for the size of my wallet. Why are women always after my money? It’s not like I have a requirement that she must earn a certain amount before I would date her.
3. Dear Grace, why do I always get ghosted by guys? It really bothers me. Initially, they show so much interest in me. But again and again, I’m only left with disappointment.
4. Dear Grace, I’ve been with my ex for three years. She broke up with me because she said she no longer feels the same. I can’t let go. I want to get her back. What can I do to make her change her mind?
5. Dear Grace, what should I do if I fell for someone who is not right for me?
6. Dear Grace, my online friend will have to go through an arranged marriage after she graduates from University. I am concerned for her happiness. What should I do?
7. Dear Grace, how can I get over someone and accept that we have no future together?
8. Dear Grace, how can I get out of the friend zone?
That’s all for now! Hope you enjoyed reading my responses! If you want to ask me something, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
To my dear readers,
Long time no blog!! I haven’t forgotten you guys!! I’ve just been putting my translations as a priority. However, I made a promise to myself that I’ll try to experience and attempt more new things this year. One thing I’ve always told myself was to create youtube videos and learn how to edit.
Today, I am finally posting a video that I edited entirely on my own. I’m sorry for the awkward editing. -_-” I really did try my best. I have a terrible memory, so I had to keep looking down to remember my points. The original file had a lot of long pauses and “uh”…. I’ve already tried to cut it down as smoothly as I could.
I also noticed I move my head a lot. I need to learn how to remain still!
The video is less than 3 minutes but the editing took me hours (because I had no idea what I was doing). I made so many mistakes and kept deleting the wrong clips. At first, there was no audio playing in the background. Furthermore, I had no idea how to cut parts I didn’t want. Each time I tried to delete stuff, the whole file would delete. It drove me insane!! Ahhhhhhhh! I had to google and watch many videos on how to edit videos (which helped a lot since reading instructions only confused me haha).
Continue reading “7 signs she is interested in you”
To my dear readers,
Long time no blog!! Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about you guys. 😛
Today I would like to share my experience on Coffee Meets Bagel. For those who don’t know, CMB is a free online dating app where you can meet other people from your city. I like this app because guys cannot message you unless it is a mutual like (meaning, they “liked” you and you “liked” them back).
In case you’re confused, here’s a picture I found on google:
Anyhow, I’m not going to teach you how to use this application. If you are interested, I’m sure there are many tutorials online!
I’ve been using this app for approximately two weeks or so, and here are some things I have noticed:
Guys are tired of trying
I scrolled through some profiles and I could tell that some guys were tired of making so much effort. Under the column for “I appreciate when my date…..”, some wrote, “shows up”, “offers to split the bill.”, “takes initiative.”
At first, I thought it was just one or two bitter guys. But after using the app for two weeks, I realized I come across these types of profiles on a daily basis!!
So it appears that a lot of the guys had terrible experiences and had been stood up by dates in the past.
This is rather unfortunate because after so much disappointment, they don’t even want to try anymore. Continue reading “My experience on Coffee Meets Bagel”
Since I just broke a million views, time for another post!! It was either going to be an inspirational post or a relationship post, but since my readers seem to enjoy reading my relationship posts much more, I decided to give you guys what you want.
Normally, my relationship posts are trying to help you get the girl (Ex. The Perfect Man, How to tell if a shy girl likes you, 3 dating tips, and etc). However, what happens after you get the girl/guy? Not all relationships will last. Chances are, you will experience at least one heartbreak during your lifetime.
So, this post is about breaking up. It will be a bit sad though. So don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Break ups can be tough. Unless it is a mutual break up, one side usually wants to stay together.
You could still be sad if you initiated the break up; but since you wanted it, your ex would most likely be more hurt.
Five hardest things about breaking up
- Accepting the fact that your ex will no longer be part of your future. All those things that could’ve been will never be.
- Everything reminds you of them. Someone simply drinking a coffee could remind you that your ex used to like drinking his/her coffee black.
- If you had been seeing your ex on certain days, those days or time slots will now be empty until you fill it up with something else.
- If you had been deeply submersed into your ex’s life, chances are, her/his friends and family were part of your life as well. Now that you two are no longer together, you may be losing more than your ex.
- Accepting that your ex no longer feels the same way about you. Perhaps, at one point, your ex had strong feelings for you. But the harsh reality is that he/she no longer wants you.
Continue reading “The five hardest things about breaking up and three lessons”
Have you ever messaged a woman and wondered why she doesn’t message you back?
In the past, I had always thought it was common courtesy to respond to anyone who had messaged me. However, after using my first dating app (Unveil), I’ve came to an understanding as to why some women do not return messages.
(Note: The app uses your voice instead of text, but it’s the same concepts)
After using the application for a few months, I have identified many reasons why women may not respond. Here are ten reasons:
1. She wasn’t serious all along
Some people sign up for dating apps due to boredom or curiosity. She may not have any intentions of meeting anyone. Sometimes, she just wants to know how many people she could match with.
Initially, I downloaded unveil so I could write a review on it. Now, I use it for research purposes.
2. You’re too serious
If you sound too serious early on, you can scare her away. For example, once a guy messaged me and told me his entire life story the first time we exchanged messages. I was wondering, “Why is he telling me so much personal information? I barely even know him!”
Don’t invest so much emotion into someone unless she has shown a bit of interest.
3. You seem desperate
If you make it seem like she’s your only option, she will be turned off. Don’t always be the first one to message her. Allow her to respond or initiate. If you’re constantly trying to get her attention, she will think you’re super needy and will most likely find you less attractive. Continue reading “10 reasons why she doesn’t text back”
To my dear readers,
If you can’t tell by now, the translator of “The Eunuch is Pregnant” is from theeunuch dot com. All the other sites have stolen my translations. Since they keep stealing my stuff, they might as well steal my blog posts too. I started off as a blogger anyway. Here’s a post I wrote a year ago. (Btw, I linked a video too, I wonder if the aggregators will upload that too?)
I am featured in a podcast with some of my friends from Faulty Logix! In the episode, I shared about why I started blogging, some of my most popular posts, some personal stories (including receiving an inappropriate pic once!) The guys and I also had a discussion about whether guys and girls can be purely friends. Feel free to listen! If you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe and follow them!
On another note, I want to tell you guys how to get close to someone. The key, is to ask the right questions. Oftentimes, the questions we ask or get asked are too surface level. Ex. “Hey, what’s new?” “How’s work?” These type of questions will usually only give you short and simple responses.
In order to really get to know someone, you have to dig deeper. Here are some deeper questions you could ask:
1. Who is your hero? What qualities make them your choice?
2. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy? Why?
3. What values are important to you?
4. What scares you?
5. What makes you feel alive?
These questions will definitely give you a much better idea of what the person is like because answering these questions require a lot more thought. The person actually has to think and be a bit vulnerable. Continue reading “Asking the right questions”