To my dear readers,
Last year, on volarenovels.com, I started my own “Dear Grace” section where readers can email or ask me about a particular issue over discord. Here are the links to my 8 “Dear Grace” posts!
NOTE: The site has moved so all old links are dead. The links below have been modified.
- Dear Grace, there is this girl that I’m interested in…but she doesn’t live in my country. How do I know whether we are compatible with each other? I’m willing to travel to her.
2. Dear Grace, I feel like women only want my money. I want to find a woman who loves me for who I am, and not for the size of my wallet. Why are women always after my money? It’s not like I have a requirement that she must earn a certain amount before I would date her.
3. Dear Grace, why do I always get ghosted by guys? It really bothers me. Initially, they show so much interest in me. But again and again, I’m only left with disappointment.
4. Dear Grace, I’ve been with my ex for three years. She broke up with me because she said she no longer feels the same. I can’t let go. I want to get her back. What can I do to make her change her mind?
5. Dear Grace, what should I do if I fell for someone who is not right for me?
6. Dear Grace, my online friend will have to go through an arranged marriage after she graduates from University. I am concerned for her happiness. What should I do?
7. Dear Grace, how can I get over someone and accept that we have no future together?
8. Dear Grace, how can I get out of the friend zone?
That’s all for now! Hope you enjoyed reading my responses! If you want to ask me something, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To my dear readers,
Long time no blog!! I haven’t forgotten you guys!! I’ve just been putting my translations as a priority. However, I made a promise to myself that I’ll try to experience and attempt more new things this year. One thing I’ve always told myself was to create youtube videos and learn how to edit.
Today, I am finally posting a video that I edited entirely on my own. I’m sorry for the awkward editing. -_-” I really did try my best. I have a terrible memory, so I had to keep looking down to remember my points. The original file had a lot of long pauses and “uh”…. I’ve already tried to cut it down as smoothly as I could.
I also noticed I move my head a lot. I need to learn how to remain still!
The video is less than 3 minutes but the editing took me hours (because I had no idea what I was doing). I made so many mistakes and kept deleting the wrong clips. At first, there was no audio playing in the background. Furthermore, I had no idea how to cut parts I didn’t want. Each time I tried to delete stuff, the whole file would delete. It drove me insane!! Ahhhhhhhh! I had to google and watch many videos on how to edit videos (which helped a lot since reading instructions only confused me haha).
Continue reading “7 signs she is interested in you”
The Art of War
Yesterday, I was on amazon.ca browsing through books. I happened to come across “The Art of War”. I’ve always heard a lot of great things about the book, so I decided to give it a try. I noticed it was free to read on kindle, so I downloaded a copy and read it on my laptop (I’m not sure why it’s free, but yay for free stuff!! :D). But since it was relatively short, it’s probably not the full version. However, I thought it was rather powerful so I wanted to share some of my interpretations with my readers.
In this post, I’ve only chosen 5 quotes from the book that resonated a lot with me. If you like what you read, head on to download the free copy on amazon and read it yourself!
Now in order to kill the enemy, our men must be roused to anger; that there may be advantage from defeating the enemy, they must have their rewards.
There must be a purpose for your men. Why would they risk their lives for their country unless they feel threatened? It is crucial to drive emotions into them. If they don’t see any benefits of their sacrifices, they are not going to fight. Fear and anger are powerful forces. As my ex-student Johnson says, “They took everything, and they’ll do it again.” (His slogan for his propaganda poster). You need a strong purpose to carry on.
Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.
Oftentimes, we may believe that in order to win a war, we must fight. The more men, weapons, machinery we have, the more superior we are. But, your goal shouldn’t be to use up all your resources. Instead, aim to win your battle with ease. If you’re able to crush your opponents without fighting, you are truly skilled. Continue reading “The Art of War”
To my dear readers,
Long time no blog!! Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about you guys. 😛
Today I would like to share my experience on Coffee Meets Bagel. For those who don’t know, CMB is a free online dating app where you can meet other people from your city. I like this app because guys cannot message you unless it is a mutual like (meaning, they “liked” you and you “liked” them back).
In case you’re confused, here’s a picture I found on google:
Anyhow, I’m not going to teach you how to use this application. If you are interested, I’m sure there are many tutorials online!
I’ve been using this app for approximately two weeks or so, and here are some things I have noticed:
Guys are tired of trying
I scrolled through some profiles and I could tell that some guys were tired of making so much effort. Under the column for “I appreciate when my date…..”, some wrote, “shows up”, “offers to split the bill.”, “takes initiative.”
At first, I thought it was just one or two bitter guys. But after using the app for two weeks, I realized I come across these types of profiles on a daily basis!!
So it appears that a lot of the guys had terrible experiences and had been stood up by dates in the past.
This is rather unfortunate because after so much disappointment, they don’t even want to try anymore. Continue reading “My experience on Coffee Meets Bagel”
Since I just broke a million views, time for another post!! It was either going to be an inspirational post or a relationship post, but since my readers seem to enjoy reading my relationship posts much more, I decided to give you guys what you want.
Normally, my relationship posts are trying to help you get the girl (Ex. The Perfect Man, How to tell if a shy girl likes you, 3 dating tips, and etc). However, what happens after you get the girl/guy? Not all relationships will last. Chances are, you will experience at least one heartbreak during your lifetime.
So, this post is about breaking up. It will be a bit sad though. So don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Break ups can be tough. Unless it is a mutual break up, one side usually wants to stay together.
You could still be sad if you initiated the break up; but since you wanted it, your ex would most likely be more hurt.
Five hardest things about breaking up
- Accepting the fact that your ex will no longer be part of your future. All those things that could’ve been will never be.
- Everything reminds you of them. Someone simply drinking a coffee could remind you that your ex used to like drinking his/her coffee black.
- If you had been seeing your ex on certain days, those days or time slots will now be empty until you fill it up with something else.
- If you had been deeply submersed into your ex’s life, chances are, her/his friends and family were part of your life as well. Now that you two are no longer together, you may be losing more than your ex.
- Accepting that your ex no longer feels the same way about you. Perhaps, at one point, your ex had strong feelings for you. But the harsh reality is that he/she no longer wants you.
Continue reading “The five hardest things about breaking up and three lessons”
Disclaimer: I’m not a parent. This post is based on my observations and interactions with my friends who are parents.
In the past few years, many of my friends have gotten married and started families of their own.
I’m extremely happy and proud of them. It is INCREDIBLY hard to be a parent.
On social media, my homepage is always flooded with cute pictures of babies. On Halloween, my friends would dress their babies in super cute costumes (For example: a sushi! Oh my goodness, I want to eat that sushi! *drools* Spicy salmon is my favourite!)
Anyhow, the point is, online, I only see the cute and happy side of being a parent.
However, when I actually hang out with my friends and their kids, I see the difficult side that social media doesn’t display.
A few weeks ago, I saw some of my friends for the first time in months. I spent the whole day with them and I got to experience what being a parent actually meant. Continue reading “Being a parent”