Asking the right questions

To my dear readers,

I am featured in a podcast with some of my friends from Faulty Logix! In the episode, I shared about why I started blogging, some of my most popular posts, some personal stories (including receiving an inappropriate pic once!) The guys and I also had a discussion about whether guys and girls can be purely friends. Feel free to listen! If you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe and follow them!

ask-the-right-questions

On another note, I want to tell you guys how to get close to someone. The key, is to ask the right questions. Oftentimes, the questions we ask or get asked are too surface level. Ex. “Hey, what’s new?” “How’s work?” These type of questions will usually only give you short and simple responses.

In order to really get to know someone, you have to dig deeper. Here are some deeper questions you could ask:

1. Who is your hero? What qualities make them your choice?
2. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy? Why?
3. What values are important to you?
4. What scares you?
5. What makes you feel alive?

These questions will definitely give you a much better idea of what the person is like because answering these questions require a lot more thought. The person actually has to think and be a bit vulnerable.

Note: If you’re unwilling to share anything personal about yourself, you’ll never truly feel a connection with someone. It takes two to clap!

——-

Lastly, I would like to promote my translations! I’m officially part of volare now!!

The novel that I have translated is called, “Your Highness, I know my wrongs”!!

your-highness

It’s about a woman named Lin Shan who somehow ended up in Ancient China. When she arrived, she had to be disguised as a man due to some superstitious reasons at the time. Lin Shan was ordered by the Emperor to marry his daughter, Du Ming Yue. (Song Luo was her name in the Ancient world)

Snippet:
“Luo-er, your life is at stake. For the sake of the Song Family, old and young, please do not take this white cloth off, understand?”Seeing how solemn her mother was, Lin Shan swallowed down the words that she had wanted to say.
Between choosing her boobs or her life, she obviously would choose the latter. “Boobs could be flat. Anger could be held back. But my life must not be thrown away!” Lin Shan mumbled to herself.
Then, she told Xiao Lu, who was helping her: “Tighter!”  “No problem!” Xiao Lu yelled and almost strangled Lin Shan to death.

After her chest was all covered, Song Luo wore the outfit that was sent from the Palace. Soon, she was ready to go live with her wife’s family.

How can she get away with this? Read to find out!!

P.S. Lin Shan is very mischievous, perverted, and strong willed. If you enjoy comedy and romance, this is the story for you!!
Read Chapter 1 here !
Advertisements

About gchan7127

I just want to share all my knowledge, ideas, and experiences with the world. It makes me happy to know that I can inspire others.
This entry was posted in experience, relationship and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Asking the right questions

1. stenoodie says:

Grace, I LOVE this post!!! I think you’ve always done this without knowing or realizing it which makes it fun to talk to you often since you ask deep questions and keeps the conversation going. I think not many people know how to ask the deeper questions. I definitely think you get a lot closer to the person too and learn so much about them from asking these questions.

Congratulations on being part of volare!!! I am so incredibly proud of you for translating novels online and being so consistent and disciplined with your translations, Grace. Good job!!! ❤ Keep going, Grace! I know you can achieve so much more. 🙂

• gchan7127 says:

Awww, thank you so much, Karen! Lol. Normally, you don’t LOVE my post, so I’m really happy you like this one so much! 😛

I do love asking the deep questions!! I don’t just want to know people on the surface level! I wanna dig deep hehehe. 😉

Thank you so much, Karen! I will continue to work hard!

Btw, my friend Yeseul told me to learn from you. She says she reads some of your blog posts and she said, “Karen is a true example of what a good blogger is. She puts so much effort in all her posts.” I agree! ❤

• stenoodie says:

Hehe, yes, it’s true Grace. I normally don’t love your posts lol. I’m honest with you! 😛 But this one I really found truth in it because I do think that not all our conversations with people are deep enough. It’s quite surface level and I always appreciate it when you push further to ask deeper questions.

Oh wow. That is so sweet of Yeseul! I still remember her from meeting briefly at Brenda’s wedding hehe. Please thank her for me; for reading my blog posts and to have such a kind comment for me :).

• gchan7127 says:

I appreciate the honesty!! Thanks for reading everything tho!

Haha, I’ll let her know next time we speak. ❤️

2. heshekell says:

Not gonna lie. I got to the point of the youtube video commentary and stopped reading. Really enjoyed it. As for the popularity of the ‘Can the opposite sex be friends?’ It’s interesting’ relatable, and an age old question. I wish you’d do this more often. I ended up casting it to my tv so I could go about my activities while listening. I used to listen to Gaijin Kanpai, but they haven’t been updating lately. Save a life, Grace. Made commentary videos to save my life lol.

• gchan7127 says:

Aww! Thanks for taking the time to listen, heshekell!!!!!

Have you checked out their other episodes? LOL I’m also featured in another one!

I was also featured in another podcast a few months ago. LOL if you look up a post called, “Guess who was featured in an awesome podcast?” (or something like that) You should find it!

If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll look up the episode to link you!