A lot of people ask me, “Grace, how are you so happy all the time?” Well, guess what? I’m not. In fact, sometimes I am very moody, emotional, and angry. I just tend to shut off all communication when I’m in a bad mood (that’s why you don’t know! :p)
Negative emotions affect us so much more than positive emotions. It seems like we get stuck and our minds just can’t seem to see anything else. So today, I feel like I should write about things I feel grateful for.
1. I’m grateful that I have a home to live in.
2. I’m grateful that I do not have to starve and wonder when my next meal will be.
3. I’m grateful that I have a family.
4. I’m grateful that my parents have invested so much in me (although we disagree on many things).
5. I’m grateful that I have so many friends who care for me (thank you for all your love and support).
6. I’m grateful that internet is readily accessible to me.
7. I’m grateful that I work with people who have the same dreams and visions as I do.
8. I’m grateful that people still invite me to events despite the fact I have barely attended anything in the past 6 months (I’m sorry, I promise I will see you when I am ok)
9. I’m grateful that I got to visit and travel to quite a number of countries.
10. I am grateful that I can play the pipa (even though I disliked it as a child).
11. I’m grateful that my 5 senses are working ok.
12. I’m grateful that you are reading my blog (REVEAL YOURSELF!! lol).
13. I’m grateful that some people look forward to reading my posts. :’)
14. I’m grateful that I inspire some people.
15. I’m grateful for being alive.
So whenever you feel down, ask yourself what you are grateful for. Try not to take what you have for granted.