Once again, Shannon has nominated me for an award! This time, it is the “One Lovely Blog Award”! Honestly, I think Shannon just wants me to get more exposure. She is so sweet. I love how the blogging community is so giving and caring. We don’t personally know each other, but we wish the best to all our fellow bloggers.
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Okay, I never follow the rules. I am going to list 10 facts about myself, and nominate 5 other bloggers! Haha.
- I value experiences over things. I find meaning in experiences, whereas, buying or receiving something only satisfy me briefly.
- I love inspirational things and inspiring others. I like knowing that I have affected someone’s life in a positive manner.
- I love expressing myself. I want people to feel and understand my emotions. When I play a sad song, I want you to feel it right in the gut. When I write an inspirational post, I want you to feel empowered. When I speak, I want you to know that I care.
- I love music and I love to sing. I love songs with a good melody and meaningful lyrics. I often youtube a lot of songs I like, and sing along.
- I’ve learnt to read tremendous amount of Chinese due to my love for karaoke. Chinese school was rote memorization. Karaoke is intrinsic motivation. Guess which one worked better? Haha.
- I have extremely traditional Asian parents. In fact, they inspired me to write a post called How most Asian parents think.
- I believe we have the power to change our lives, if we choose to. You may have a difficult past, but it doesn’t mean you have to have a terrible future.
- I want to live with no regrets and pursue what I am passionate about.
- I actually have a teaching degree from OISE. However, I only did it to please my parents. They were ecstatic when they found out I got accepted. I don’t regret completing it, but I have no passion in teaching young children.
- I want to be a Financial Planner/Advisor, so I ended up completing a post-graduate certificate in Financial Planning at George Brown College. I completed my CSC, FPSC Level 1, and my LLQP examination as well. I was super determined and finished all of this within 13 months. If you really want something, you gotta hustle!!
Last year, I was very ill and I was hospitalized for two months. Today, I still have my good and bad days. However, overall I am doing much better compared to last year. Currently, I’m still in the process of healing. I will work again once I’m better.
Hope you enjoyed my 10 facts!
Here are the 5 nominees:
Please check them out! They’re awesome. ❤