Building Confidence

Confidence

Confidence is an amazing feeling. It makes you feel like you can do anything.

It is power.

It is belief.

It is also posture and energy.

When someone is confident, you can sense it right away. It’s as if there is an invisible shield surrounding him/her. Confident people are usually very good presenters and quite popular. No wonder then, most people want to be confident. But the question is, how?

In my opinion, in order to be confident, you have to:

1. Feel good about yourself
2. Believe in yourself

How do you feel good about yourself? Well, here are some suggestions:

1. Spend time with those who appreciate you
2. Do the things you love/enjoy
3. Focus on what you have instead of what you don’t
4. Create something to look forward to

It may sound simple, but it’s tougher than it looks. How many of you actually do the 4 things I listed above?

After you learn to feel good about yourself, you must then believe in yourself.

You must believe you are capable. You must believe you are able to succeed.

If you see yourself as a failure, you will be a failure.

You are what you think.

So, how can you develop this feeling? Well, most people feel capable when they succeed at something. For example, someone who can make a delicious cheesecake would probably feel capable of his/her skills. However, one needs to realize that being good at something takes time. For most of us, it takes hours of practice and hard work.

You will fail many times before you succeed.

There is a saying though, “Failure is inevitable but growth is optional.”  We can learn to grow through our struggles. So don’t be scared to try, because if you don’t try, you will never know what you can do.

P.S. Some people think they have to look good in order to be confident. That is not true. If you feel good about yourself, it will show. You do not need to dress a certain way or look a certain way in order to be confident. However, if dressing/looking a certain way makes you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. But remember, the most attractive thing you can wear is confidence.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I will be posting every week. Have a good day, everyone!

Advertisements

About gchan7127

I just want to share all my knowledge, ideas, and experiences with the world. It makes me happy to know that I can inspire others.
This entry was posted in inspiration and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Building Confidence

1. stenoodie says:

I loved this, Grace. You always post such inspriational things that are simple yet powerful. You really have a knack for this! Great work!! ^_^

2. David Long says:

Reblogged this on Double Your Presence and commented:
    Beautifully written piece. Sometimes, it is good to indulge your eyes and brain with some awesome dose of confidence building post 😉

3. Thank you for sharing!

4. Clarence Bond Tam says:

Great layout and organization. May I suggest not having two #1 since yiu referred back to #one.

Confidence is within. Feeling good is key. Dressing or looking good is a bonus. Grace, you having natural beauty because if the confident not through external means.

5. Alex Wong says:

Great article Grace!

“You will fail many times before you succeed.

There is a saying though, “Failure is inevitable but growth is optional.” We can learn to grow through our struggles. So don’t be scared to try, because if you don’t try, you will never know what you can do”

I definitely agree with this part. The times I’ve grown the most are when I have failed, picked myself up, and tried again. It’s only when I’ve pushed myself passed where I was comfortable was when I realized how far I could go. When you become ‘too comfortable’, that’s when you stop growing.

Keep up the awesome work!

6. Pingback: Haters | Grow with me =]

7. Pingback: Social Anxiety | Grow with me

8. sunesiss says:

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

9. Pingback: Zui Wu Dao. Part 1 -Chapter 2 | Grow with me

10. I love this post! You couldn’t be more right, confidence is power and can create your entire life for you as you become what you think. I believe true confidence stems from competency which is developed through repetition. So any area of life, you can develop confidence essentially by just pushing through the struggle and focusing on repetition of that task building your core competence in that area.

Great post. We should connect, come check me out! Just search “Toronto Life Coach on Google, I am studying under Master Life Coach Bruno LoGreco. Keep up the inspiring work!

11. Pingback: Speed Dating | Grow with me