I haven’t written a personal post in a very long time. But I haven’t forgotten you guys. I just don’t want to write for the sake of writing.
These days, I feel like I have the attention span of a potato. When I was young (before I had the internet), I would breeze through a book in one sitting. 300 pages? No big deal.
Nowadays, reading 50 pages is a struggle. I’m constantly tempted to do something else.
Haha, honestly, I blame the internet and my lack of self control. With so many social media applications nowadays, my generation is constantly checking up on what others are doing or posting something to show others what they are doing.
Deep down, I know the smart thing is to focus on my personal growth rather than see which pokemons my friends have caught. But I guess I enjoy being amused and not using my brain (I know, I sound terrible).
Anyhow, I recently started reading again. Currently, I’m reading a book by Dale Carnegie. It’s called, “How to stop worrying and start living”.
This book was given to me by my Uncle Aaron. I have the 1968 edition! (So cool!!!) Thanks, Uncle!
So far, I’ve only read about 200 pages, but there are 5 points/quotes I wanted to share with you guys because it has impacted and inspired me in a powerful way.
1. You and I will last longer, and enjoy smoother riding, if we learn to absorb the shocks and jolts along the rocky road of life.
2. You are not what you think you are; but what you think, you are.
3. A man is not hurt so much by what happens, as by his opinion of what happens. And our opinion of what happens is entirely up to us.
4. The most important thing in life is not to capitalize on your gains. Any fool can do that. The really important thing is to profit from your losses. That requires intelligence; and it makes the difference between a man of sense and a fool.
5. Unjust criticism is often a disguised compliment. It often means that you have aroused jealousy and envy. Remember that no one ever kicks a dead dog.
I know they are just words, but words have a surprising amount of effect on me.
When I’m down and struggling with pain, it is words of wisdom that carry me through.
I hope you find the 5 quotes meaningful as well.
P.S. If you’re wondering, I do not play Pokemon Go. If you guys are playing, please be careful and don’t do anything to endanger your lives or the lives of others!
P.P.S. Out of the 151 original Pokemons, I can only name about 20. -_-” But I know how to sing the theme song! Hehe. I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was! To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!!!!! Haha
P.P.P.S. If you’re here waiting for Chapter 35, I’ll be releasing it tomorrow (I haven’t started working on it yet). I am taking it easy because my brain needs to rest. Sorry and thanks for being patient! ❤ .